I felt so bad with my huge cart stacked with groceries. I'm just not a bulk person. Growing up in a family of eight you'd think I would be used to it, but I am not. We lived walking distance from the Albert Hein Supermarket in my village, and almost every day my mom sent me out to buy a few quick groceries, never the big quantity planner either. Obviously here it feels even worse: the lady before me at the vegetables weighed one single banana. One! Compared to her my cart was obscene.
|Our 'essentials' to help us through the 'coup d'etat' :-)|
All I know are the personal consequences for us, so far
- My field trip got cancelled, real bummer
- We're not supposed to go near the airport, for fear of attacks on the army camp close by
- I just bought an embarrassing amount of groceries
- The first-ever US Marine ball in Tana which was supposed to take place this Saturday, has been postponed. Major backlash for the beauty parlors tomorrow!
- We can't plan anything ahead as nobody has any information about when or if the .. hits the fan